Friday, August 31, 2007
You can burn as many calories dancing as you can walk or riding a bike, or even swimming, depending on the particular dance. Researchers have noted that dancing can help reduce stress, increase your energy and improve your strength, muscle tone, and coordination.
I was surprised to learn that it's the only physical activity that also has benefit for your mental health as well. A study found that dancing can help reduce the risk of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia, because it also stimulates the mind.
Fear collapses confidence, denies vision and shuts down creative growth.
Worry causes you to compromise your dreams, leaving you enslaved to old habits.
"Stress Provokers" increase your sense of panic and anger often for the wrong reasons.
Anger dissolves good decision-making.
Hate slams the door on possibilities.
The vibration of distress attracts distress. Hurt attracts hurt. Pain attracts pain.
2. Heal yourself and you will have the energy to deal with life's challenges.
3. Stop the guilt. Choose to value, accept and cherish yourself this season.
4. Practice feeling grateful for something, even if it is the ability to dream.
5. Just say yes to what you want and need to do for yourself.
6. Just say no to what you don't want and that in which you can't afford to participate.
7. Resolve to free yourself from living life according to the demands of others.
8. Seek thoughts that inspire happiness, courage and joy.
9. Practice feeling content amidst the holiday hullabaloo.
10. Communicate rather then repress your true concerns.
11. Focus on solutions. Go out and look at the stars!
12. Go unwrap your sense of humor. Laughter is the key to a long and meaningful life.
13. Decide to walk in the direction of your dreams fulfilled.
1,000 crore rupees is the worth of India’s bottled water industry.
72,583 kg is the weight of the world’s longest sari, measuring 1,585 feet.
3,726 crore rupees is earned by banks every year by delaying the crediting of cheques to savings and current accounts.
64.1 percent of Indian families consume non-vegetarian food, says the National Institute of Nutrition.
21,000 of 53,000 hotels and motels in the US belong to Gujaratis.
"If there are any idiots in the room, will they please stand up?" said the sarcastic teacher.
After a long silence, one freshman rose to his feet "Now then mister, why do you consider yourself an idiot?" enquired the teacher with a sneer.
"Well, actually I don't," said the student, "but I hate to see you standing up there all by yourself."
Medicines & Friendship cure problems, Only difference is that FRIENDSHIP don’t have an Expiry date....
Husband: Today is Sunday & I have to enjoy it. So I bought 3 movie tickets.
Wife: why three?
Husband: For you and your parents.
Every walk of life will contain ups and downs, flowers & thorns... So my sincere advice to you is to "Wear chappals wherever you go..".
Prof. A. Narayanan, Ph. D., FISPP
# 19, Phase 5, Maharani Avenue, Vadavalli, Coimbatore – 641 041, Tamil Nadu
Telephone: 0422 – 2423017, Mobile: 98422 42301
E-mail: email@example.com (or) firstname.lastname@example.org
For NARA’S NOTEPAD visit: www.nara2007.blogspot.com
For NARA’S DIGEST visit: www. nara.tumblr.com