Sunday, July 16, 2017
We, the human beings are surrounded by umpteen numbers of problems of diverse nature. In fact, we face them each and every day. Some of them are serious and others are not so serious. These two types of problems create on the one hand unhappiness and on the other hand opportunities. So problems need not be always difficulties but they may open new ways of life. If you are young with mental stability and health you do not bother about those problems. But if you are old, say above 70-years, whatever may be the seriousness; problems become real problems because older people have reduced mental strength. So they do not talk about such problems. But they suffer within themselves. Every problem is a threat to them. They are invariably afraid to face problems and solve them. In the real sense, those problems are not threats. They are challenges in one’s life. There is no one in this world without those challenges. Life is to face challenges. Some we ignore and some we face and solve.
Even if we live in peace within a comfort zone, the problems that surround us may create certain amount of displeasure and unpleasantness for a short while may be a better solution. Making little problems bigger is one of the characters we all posses. If we don’t exaggerate them, then everything becomes normal and peaceful.
As an individual or as a family we come across unexpected problems at times. Finding a suitable solution to those problems is the sensible way of handling them. First try to understand the problem and its cause. Analyse the root cause of it and give sufficient time to think about various ways to get solutions. You may come out with some possible or an impossible solution. That would be the first step to solve problems. Peace and patience can solve many problems. Sometimes time can also solve problems. What we need is calmness and mental strength.
To make our life happy or active we need to have problems. Otherwise we will become lazy and lose the capacity to think. We all know for sure that humans are thinking animals. So problem solving requires patient thinking followed by appropriate actions. There is no life without problem. So let us face them.
Only 1% of the world’s data moves via satellite, the rest is carried through cables. Deep-sea cables must be extremely strong to survive cuts, nicks and bites from marine vessels and creatures, besides cyclones. They should withstand extreme pressures at places where they lie miles under the surface of water. To achieve that strength, a deep-sea cable is largely made up of steel wires that play no role in data transmission. The real job is done by a very thin core of fibre.
Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is watchword of the wise. – Goethe
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around – Leo Buscaglia
There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable. – Mark Twain
Remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. – Harriet Tubman
1. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
2. If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has a all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
3. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?
>>Ans. - All invented by women.
4. A snail can sleep for three years.
5. All polar bears are left handed.
6. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
7. Butterflies taste with their feet.
8. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
9. In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
10. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
11. Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.
12.”Stewardesses” is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
13. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
14. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
15. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
16. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different
1. Don’t worry. Worry is the least productive of all human activities and thoughts.
2. Don’t let needless fears preoccupy your life. Most of things we fear never happen!!!
3. Don’t hold grudges. That is one of the biggest and most unnecessary weights we carry through our lives.
4. Take on one problem at a time. It’s the only way to handle things anyway; one by one.
5. Don’t take your problems to bed with you. They are bad and unhealthy companions for good natural sleep and rest.
6. Don’t take on the problems of other people. They are better equipped to handle their own problems than you are.
7. Don’t live in the past. It will always be there in your memories to enjoy. But don’t cling to it. Concentrate on what is happening right now in your life and you will be happy in the present and not just the past.
8. Be a good listener. It is only when one listens that one gets and learns ideas different from ones own.
9. Do not let frustration ruin and rule your life. Self pity more than anything interferes with positive actions with moving forward in our lives.
10. Count your blessings. Don’t even forget the smallest blessings. As many small blessings add up to large ones.
Once a Chinese man came to Goa for holidays. At Airport he hired a taxi to take him to Panjim. On the way he sees a bus He said - "The buses here are so slow and noisy .. In China the buses are very fast." At Cortalim Bridge the Chinese sees a train passing by on the railway bridge the other side...he says – “the trains here are so slow...in China the trains are very fast.
All the way the driver kept silent and drove to Panjim. Chinese man gets off the taxi and asked for meter readings.
Chinese: “Rs.5000/- ? Are you kidding? Your buses are so slow, the trains are so slow...if everything else here is so slow then how come the meter of your taxi is so fast?”
Driver: Because the meter is made in China.
Driver -" Because the meter is made in China.