‘Telling lie is sin’ – according to moral books and religious teachings. We are always reminded by our parents too. Lie is a statement one knows to be untrue. In fact, we are born to tell lies. As children we lie to our parents if we have done some mistake. We lie because we are afraid of our parents and punishment that follows. It is said that if you lie, you’ll go to hell, an imaginary place no one who live on earth has visited. A hell or a heaven is known only to dead people as a matter of fact. It is only to make people not to lie! There are various reasons for lying. I used to think whether it is possible to live in this world without uttering lies? The governments all over the world spend billions of dollars on judiciary in order to find out lies. Even a thief or a criminal lies after stealing or killing someone. They refuse to accept their mistakes. So they are tried in a court of law. There are millions of such cases pending at all levels from magistrate court to Supreme Court! Who is the real culprit is very difficult to find out if witness or evidence is not available. In other words, we live in the world of liars. There are good lies and bad lies! Good lies are told to cut a joke and bad lies are told to cheat others. Traders never tell us the profit they make while selling a product. The consumers know about the tax on a product but not the profit the trader makes. It is something no one bothers to ask. Profit is hidden in the price of a commodity. Profit is a variable which is manipulated by a trader to sell his commodity. So they try to cheat the customers at their will and pleasure. How to live in a world of no lies? There are ways and means to minimize telling lies to a considerable extent depending on the circumstances. But, complete elimination of lies in our life is not easy. At every walk of life, people want to escape from their wrong-doings by uttering lies. To cover up one lie, one has to tell thousand lies! Lies for fun are not serious but lies for escaping from serious matters are considered as very bad and subjected to punishment. In any court case, two advocates argue for their clients about their innocence! We all know one of the advocates is certainly lying to help his client. Still the judiciary allows this to happen because a judgment has to be made based on the evidences. People at high offices, can swindle public money and say that they have not done it. Corruption is the name of it. Is it not a lie? It is. Is there a world of no lies?
The ability to concentrate on a task is a prized skill—the secret to success, many claim. But recent research suggests that intense focus on a problem does not always usher the fastest progress or, at least, such focus is not always sufficient for the necessary brainstorm. Albert Einstein, for example, came up with his theory of relativity only after letting his thoughts stray from the mathematics itself. Grand schemes can also coalesce out of the blue, when you are doing something that requires little concentration—leaving room for spacing out. Greek mathematician Archimedes, physicist Leo Szilard, organic chemist August Kekulé and biochemist Kary Mullis came up some of their key revelations while engaging in a mundane activity such as walking, driving or bathing. In other words, taking a break can sometimes give you that big break. Mental diversions are sometimes in the form of detailed fantasies. Devout daydreamers may take refuge in imaginary worlds for hours to days. Frittering the day away in such settings might seem frivolous, but in some cases the practice spawns great works of art. -Scientific American
Your brain needs exercise just like a muscle. If you use it often and in the right ways, you will become a more skilled thinker and increase your ability to focus. Here are 5 simple techniques to exercise your brain.
Minimize Television Watching -- Watching television doesn't use your mental capacity OR allow it to recharge. When you feel like relaxing, try reading a book instead. If you're too tired, listen to some music. When you're with your friends or family, leave the tube off and have a conversation.
Exercise -- Time spent exercising always leads to greater learning because it improves productivity during the time afterwards. Using your body clears your head and creates a wave of energy.
Read Challenging Books -- If you want to improve your thinking and writing ability you should read books that make you focus. Reading a classic novel can change your view of the world and will make you think in more precise, elegant English.
Early to Bed, Early to Rise -- Nothing makes it harder to concentrate than sleep deprivation. You'll be most rejuvenated if you go to bed early and don't sleep more than 8 hours.
Take Time to Reflect -- Spending some time alone in reflection gives you a chance organize your thoughts and prioritize your responsibilities. Afterwards, you'll have a better understanding of what's important and what isn't
It takes practice, but look at it this way, simply thinking or saying you want to accomplish something doesn't get it done. You have to convert those intentions into action.
1. Pick the field you wish to specialize in; learn all you can about it, study the lives of the persons who have had outstanding success in that field, then strive to emulate their pattern of thinking. If you wish to be a doctor, study the lives of great scientists and specialists in medicine; if it is law you are interested in, become acquainted with the lives of the great lawyers of the past, and see how they succeeded.
2. Each day strive to put into action one or more of the qualities or traits that you have learned from the lives of great people. Imitate these thoughts, if you need be, at first, then you will gradually begin to originate great thoughts and actions of your own.
3. Take specialized training to perfect your gifts and talents. Assemble facts about the work you choose; see the good and bad sides, then, if you are still interested, let no one divert you from your goal.
4. Let what I call Discontent motivate you in your desire to achieve perfection. Never be satisfied with your present accomplishments or progress. When you are satisfied you cease to grow. Everything in nature is in a constant state of flux, from an imperfect to a more perfect state. Constantly desire change and evolvement, for this is the Law of Action that will help you constantly evolve higher and higher in the future.
5. Aim for the stars, even though you may not achieve them. At least such an ambitious mind will assure you of reaching some kind of high goal. The incentive for aiming high must come from within, your desire to achieve greatness.
6. Create a vortex of mental activity about yourself. Break the inertia which may be holding you back by doing something almost anything is preferable to sitting back and refusing to make an effort. There is a law in nature which states, "Action and reaction," "Cause and Effect." When you set some action into motion, it must have an instantaneous reaction. There is no cause without its corresponding effect. if you do not take some step by action, you will never acquire facility in that field.
7. Never be satisfied with the limitations that life seems to have placed on you and your expression of your talents. Remember, all great people had to break the mould of negativity and limitation to achieve their dreams. The power is within your mind to rise as high as you aspire. If you lack the education, look about you for the means to improve your mind and acquire knowledge.
1. Make a Difference in Someone’s Life. It can be something as simple as a smile, a hug, a kind word, a handshake, or a hand out.
2.Learn at Least One New Thing. Life presents so many opportunities to learn. Just keep your eyes open and listen.
3. Meet at Least One New Person. Say hello to a stranger. You never know what you will learn from that chance encounter.
Every life experience is a one-time event. There will be similar events but not exactly the same. When I learned to look at life experiences that way, things really changed. Strive to see each second of your life with anticipation and as a unique experience rather than just passing time. You will be amazed at how much of an adventure life becomes.