Saturday, August 30, 2008

PEOPLE AND PLACES


Knowing about people and places is a great fun. Although we go to many places and meet many people, we do not really appreciate the outcome of the visit and the friendships we developed at a later date.
In fact, if we start thinking about all these there are many things to learn from them. Great people who have created great things in the world are our guides and forerunners. When we read bout them and if we get a chance to meet them, then we will be able to understand the way they became great. Usually they talk about their experiences and achievements in life, the difficulties and happiness they faced. Those will give us confidence and encouragement to make our life strong.
At one time, I started listing out some of the people whom I have met and not met in my life and started thinking about them for a while. It gave me great inspiration and thoughts. Similarly, I brought to my memory, the places I visited over time with some of the photographs taken in those places. It brought back the invaluable remembrances in my memory, which gave me great deal of joy and satisfaction.
In fact, most of us generally do not look back the interesting things happened in our life in terms of people and places. If we write down few sentences about the people we met, it will run into thousands of pages. It will give an idea, how much we know about each person we met and those we have not met also. Similarly, the places we visited and not visited are also worth thinking of. One important thing is that we learn many things and revise our memory and derive lot of joy. Such joy can be even shared with our dear ones. Keeping a diary or journal or a blog (nowadays) could be helpful for all these activities. Recording life is as important as living a life itself. I have done it, that is why I stress this point and expect everyone does that. The way we live is the way we achieve happiness and joy. I feel there are ways by which we can reach the goal of life. Today’s life and world is full of stress and tensions. So we need to take into account the way we live. We have to know how to live with what we have. Learn such simple philosophy and lead a happy and healthy life.
- NARA

No comments: