Monday, December 1, 2008

MEMO FROM NARA


At the age of 70 years, my memories are loaded with all kinds of thoughts of worries as well as happiness about me, my children, family, relatives and friends. I worried whenever I or they were not well or in some kind of trouble and I was happy whenever I or they were happy in life. Now I feel that these are part of everyone’s life. I also feel that there was no point in getting worried at any circumstance because it does help neither me nor others. Certainly the causes for the worry will vanish sooner or later. By worrying we cannot achieve the relief for anybody. One has to face any problem which may be hard sometime. Even then without worry and with a brave will we need to fact it and find the possible solutions. Time, in fact, is a great healer of emotional or physical pain. We have to wait without worrying. It is easy to say and difficult to adopt, we should train our mind and tune to this attitude. Later in life, one brings back to memory all the past worries and happiness as I do now. It is better to think a bit about the repercussions of worrying. It weakens our mind by not solving the problems. The same worry will vanish as soon as the problem is solved. That is what happens. If we know it well in advance for sure, then we can control the worries and live with a clean mind and vision. Such a mind or vision helps us to take some appropriate decisions to solve the problem. Great people have adopted this simple principle and could manage their lives very well. We have to learn from such people to control our feelings of worry and live free from it. I hope those who read this bit will try to follow the principle of ‘not to worry’ and cherish their life and also the lives of children, family, relatives and friends.

No comments: