1. Experiment to find out what makes you happy. The answer will be different for different people.
2. Develop a network of supportive friends who love you as you are who will be there when you need them.
3. Cultivate an attitude of gratitude and don’t forget to notice when little things go well.
4. Be the type of person who is focussed on solutions and isn’t always bogged by problems, or complaints.
5. Accept that nothing’s perfect – and problems will occur. It doesn’t mean it’s hopeless things will never change.
6. Treat yourself, and others, with kindness and respect. Remember we’re all struggling to find our way in life.