Thursday, August 31, 2023

JUST TO LAUGH

 


A newly appointed camp commander was inspecting the place, when he saw two soldiers guarding a bench. He went over and asked them why, “We don’t know. The last commander told us to, and so we did. It’s some sort of regimental tradition.”

The new camp commander searched for the last commander’s phone number and called him to ask him why he wanted this particular bench guarded. “I don’t know. The previous commander had guards, so I kept the tradition.” Going back another three commanders, he found a now 100 year old retired General.

“Excuse me, sir, I’m now the CO of the camp you commanded 60 years ago. I have found two men assigned to guard a bench. Could you please tell me what’s so special about it?”

The retired General said, “What? The paint is still wet?”

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: