Thursday, November 1, 2007

CLEAR YOUR CLUTTER


When I opened a cupboard in my office a few days ago, I suddenly realized how crammed and disorderly it was. It was definitely time to declutter! Decluttering is the act of removing the things from your environment that you don't really need and reordering the things that you do.

When you get rid of clutter, you actually shift energy that has been stuck or stagnated. The end result is that you feel lighter, clearer, happier, and more energetic. By removing your excess and clutter, you create new space for increased happiness, new insights, and positive experiences. And what is more fulfilling than a clean and pleasant environment as well as an increase in energy to boot? And you are the one who actually makes it happen!

In addition, clearing away your clutter benefits others, as well as the environment. So, recycle your newspapers and magazines, part with extra clothing that is no longer worn or out of fashion by giving it to a local charity, and find new homes for old bric-a-brac and items you haven't used for ages. You will feel all the better for it!

When I was faced with the state of my closet, I certainly wasn't wild about the chore ahead of me, but I knew I would feel better once it was completed. And I did! Afterwards, I felt satisfied by my efforts, organized, efficient, and motivated. I'd say that was well worth the effort. - Rochelle Gordon

No comments: