Monday, December 31, 2012

MEMO FROM NARA

 
By 31.12.2012 NARA’S NOTEPAD (NN) has completed its eight years of service. The two-page monthly bulletin was started by me to share thoughts and knowledge with friends, relatives and unknown friends. It was received by men and women of all ages living in all parts of the world. Since, it is published as a blog and also printed in a sheet of A4 paper and distributed month after month; it could reach a large number of people who were looking for inspiration and motivation. Everyone on earth wants to improve their life by adopting a healthy life-style. So NN was helping every individual providing what one needs for their happy life. The feed-back I got from a section of readers was very encouraging – that kept me to work hard to bring out the issues every month without a gap.

 
Some of my friends who came forward to sponsor the issues were so kind to bear the financial load I incurred for printing the NN. My thanks are for their kind gesture. Any good work to help others certainly is liked by one and all. They come forward to support it. That’s what I got all through my attempt to bring out NN. One of the outcomes of NN was the contact I established and the connection made with all kinds of people. I come to know many people as they come to know me. Knowing each other is one of the great opportunities in life. I could achieve it successfully through NN.


My habit of reading could end up with a good collection of lines I liked. Three thousand lines that inspire and motivate people were collected and published by NN in the form of a beautiful book with the help of my printer Mr. A. Manikandan who taught me the intricacies of printing and publishing. So without going for a professional publisher, I published the book LINES I LIKED PART 1 in October 2012. The book was sold to friends and friend’s friends. It was given as gift to learned people. All sections of people were supplied with copies of this book. Everyone liked the lines I liked and the book served as a reference book for all who have read it. Demand for the book is increasing. Probably I have to go for the second edition!

 
The Part 2 of the book will be published sometime in 2013. It will also contain 3000 more lines I liked. Thus NN has generated new ideas to go near to people and inspire them to hear the lines I liked. It was my dream for a long time. That has come true with the help, cooperation and blessings of all of you. I wish I will be continuously getting your love and affection. After all, we are touched by others – the human touch that makes all the difference. Respecting others’ point of view, with simple living and high thinking is my way of life. Such an attitude gives me happiness and joy. I wish it will be sustained in the New Year 2013. I wish you a happy and joyful New Year. Let the New Year bring you and your family good health and prosperity.