Monday, May 31, 2021

TRAPS THAT PEOPLE TEND TO FALL INTO:

 



The Mistake Trap: “I’m afraid of doing something wrong.” Losses hold us back!

The Fatigue Trap: “I’m tired today.” Losses wear us out.

The Comparison Trap:  “Someone else is better qualified than I am.”Losses cause us to feel inferior to others.

The Timing Trap: “This isn’t the right time.” Losses make us hesitate.

The Inspiration Trap:  “I don’t feel like doing it right now.”  Losses demotivate us.

The Rationalization Trap: “Maybe it’s really not that important.” Losses allow us to lose perspective.

The Perfection Trap: “There’s the best way to do it and I have to find it before I start.” Losses cause us to question ourselves.

The Expectation Trap: “I thought it would be easy, but it isn’t.” Losses highlight the difficulties.

The Fairness Trap: “I shouldn’t have to be the one to do this.” Losses cause us to ask, “Why me?”

The Public Opinion Trap:  “If  I  fail,  what  will  others  think?”  Losses paralyze us.

The Self-Image Trap: “If I fail at this, it means I am a failure.” Losses negatively affect how we see ourselves.

All of these traps are caused by losses, and all of them create the gap between knowing and doing. If we want to be successful, we need to bridge that gap.

 

No comments: