1. Never say 'I am too old:” There are three ages, chronological, biological, and psychological. The first is calculated based on our date of birth; the second is determined by the health conditions and the third is how old you feel you are.
2. Health is wealth: If you really love your kids and kin, taking care of yourself and your health should be your priority. Thus, you will not be a burden to them. Have an annual health check-up and take the prescribed medicines regularly. Take out a health care insurance coverage.
3. Money is important: Money is essential for meeting the basic necessities of life, keeping good health and earning family respect and security. Don't spend beyond your means even for your children. You have lived for them throughout, and it is time you enjoyed a harmonious life with your spouse. If your children are grateful they should take care of you. But never take it for granted.
4. Relaxation and recreation: The most relaxing and recreating forces are healthy, good sleep, music and laughter. Learn to sleep well, love good music, and see the fun side of life.
5. Time is precious It is almost like holding a horse's reins. When they are in your hands, you can control them. Imagine that every day you are born again. Yesterday is a paid cheque. Tomorrow is a promissory note. "Today is ready cash; use it profitably. Live this moment".
6. Change is the only permanent thing: We should accept change; it is inevitable. The only way to make sense out of change is to join the dance. Change has brought about many pleasant things.
7. Enlightened selfishness: All of us are basically selfish. Whatever we do, we expect something in return. We should definitely be grateful to those who stood by us. But, our focus should be on the internal satisfaction and happiness we derive by doing good to others, without expecting anything in return but the warm glow we get, which in the end, is what we really want.
8. Forgive, then Forget: Don't be bothered too much about others' mistakes. We are not spiritual enough to show our other cheek when we are slapped on one cheek. But, for the sake of our own health and happiness, let us forgive and forget them. Otherwise, we will only be increasing our BP.
9. Everything has a reason; a purpose: Take life as it comes. Accept yourself as you are, and also accept others for what they are. Everybody is unique and right in their own ways.
10. Overcome the fear of death: We all know that one day we have to leave this world. Still we are afraid of death. We think that our spouse and children will be unable to withstand our loss. But the truth is that no one is going to die for you; they may be depressed for some time. Time heals everything and they will carry on. Remember, no one leaves this world alive.